Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System Registered Nurse - Med/Surg/PCU Residency Program (Our Lady of the Lake) in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
The RN Residency Program at Our Lady of the Lake is a program designed to
support a new graduate nurse in his/her transition to an acute care RN. This program allows
new nurses to work with an interdisciplinary team in various nursing areas; learn within
organizational structures and processes; develop a proactive work environment; and cultivate
career advancement opportunities.
• Program requires a two-year commitment
• New graduates only
• Requires a current Louisiana RN license (unable to start on temporary license)
• Must attend one week of hospital orientation and departmental orientations
• Retention bonus
– Upon completion of year one - $1,000 retention bonus
– Upon completion of year two - $2,000 retention bonus
• Program participants are considered a full-time Our Lady of the Lake
team member and are eligible for all employee benefits.
Delivers high quality patient-focused health care services that meet the assessed and individually planned needs and desires of all patients on the assigned nursing unit.
· 10 week departmental orientation
· Units Involved:
o Med 1, Med 5, Med 6, Oncology, Nephrology, Rehab, Med Surg, Sur 2, Surg/Trauma, Neurology, Orthopedics
· Will rotate through all medical/surgical units listed above during the program
· Upon completion of year one, either select a home unit or remain in the medical/surgical float pool for year two
The Medical/Surgical RN Residency program is an exciting new graduate registered nurse program. The program offers 10 weeks of clinical orientation along with supplemental educational courses (case management, wound care, telemetry, etc.). The Medical/Surgical RN Residency program offers a wide range of clinical experiences and will expose the new graduate nurse to following patient population: Medicine, Oncology, Orthopedics, Nephrology, Neurology, Rehabilitation, Surgical, and Surgical Trauma. The RN Residency program is highly selective of its participants and will allow for a one of a kind start to your nursing career incorporating patient experience, advanced nursing knowledge, enhanced assessment skills, and critical thinking skills.
Diploma, Associate's or Bachelor's Degree from an accredited RN program
Required Certification/Registration Current unrestricted Louisiana RN license and BLS certification