Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System Patient Accounts Rep 1 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
We are seeking an experienced customer service-focused, upbeat individual to join our Business Office!
· Recognized Leader: Our Lady of the Lake was named Hospital of the Year by the Louisiana State Nurses Association in 2016 for the 7th time!
· Career Growth: We have a central focus on promoting from within and offering a career ladder
· Stability: For 90 years Our Lady of the Lake has been dedicated to making Baton Rouge a healthier city.
What you will do:
· Promptly answers inquiries from patients, co-workers, and employees regarding patient accounts in a kind and courteous manner
· Sends itemized patient account statements per attorney request or in response to subpoena in a professional and diligent manner.
· Advises patient or guarantor of third party payer benefits and estimated private payer amount and collects partial payments prior to admission in a manner that promotes the provision of high quality health care services by the department.
· Reviews patient papers and documentation for reported information accuracy, and researches errors on patient accounts, billing and insurance problems, and lost payments in order to ensure accurate record maintenance and prudent departmental operation.
· Makes written and verbal inquiries to third party payers, reconciles patient accounts, and makes payment arrangements in an effort to ensure that patients are free from financial burden and that patient interests are appropriately represented.
· Coordinates and originates payroll deduction actions for hospital employees in accordance with established policies and procedures, and oversees collection letter mail-outs for delinquent unpaid patient accounts in a prudent and efficient manner.
· Works with external agencies and companies to provide patients with prompt reimbursement for hospital services. Interprets, explains, and counsels patient and family regarding hospital charges, services, and payment policies in a manner sensitive to the needs and financial situation of the patient.
1 year experience or relation certification program in areas such as billing, medical office, coding, and accounting.
High School Diploma
LICENSURE: Must obtain CMS certification within 3 months.
Our Lady of the Lake offers competitive compensation, benefits, and professional growth.