SMG Operations Staff in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Summary: Responsible for performing operations work in the facility including setup and teardown along with minor housekeeping duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts all setup and teardown of events including move in, move out, building, breakdown, and other facets to ensure a smooth transition for the facility according to needs of event.
- Control of operational and facility tools at the directions of the supervisor or manager.
- Maintains an organized and clean facility shop.
- Oversee events during peak hours and assist coordinator as needed.
- Maintains a neat and clean appearance and wears the proper uniform at the direction of the supervisor or manager.
- Observe and report facility repairs and maintenance as necessary.
- Minor housekeeping or cleaning duties when necessary.
- Follow safety standards for employees and report any potential safety hazards.
- Ensure proper facility preparations for event requirements as requested.
- Respond to guest inquiries in a friendly and helpful manner.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Maintain general order for facility equipment for front and back of house.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual, and the Business Code of Conduct.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. Physical requirements include feel and reach with hands and arms, walking, stooping, lifting up to 50 lbs. and standing for extended periods of time. Position often exposed to adverse conditions such as fumes, wet floors, dust and noise. Position is not in a fixed location in the facility.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled