SMG Facility Public Safety Officer in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
POSITION: Part- Time Facility Public Safety Officer
REPORTS TO: Safety, Security & Compliance Manager
FLSA: Hourly/Non Exempt
SMG, a world leader in venue management, marketing and development, began at the historic Mercedes-Benz Superdome in 1977. SMG provides management services to more than 220 public assembly facilities including convention and exhibition centers, arenas, stadiums, theatres, performing arts centers, equestrian facilities, science centers and a variety of other venues
- Protects highly valuable property, such as equipment, material, grounds, etc.
- Patrols an assigned area and/or stands a fixed post.
- Performs safety and security checks of buildings and grounds.
- Checks persons on the premises to determine if they possess proper identifications and are authorized to be present on SMG property.
- Completes incident reports as required.
- Monitors in house camera system and reports any findings.
- Provides customer service functions.
- Provides escorts to in house staff when required.
- Set up and maintain safety equipment related to event needs.
- Conducts preliminary investigations relevant to incidents within an assigned area.
- Intervenes in disturbances/incidents in to maintain peace or restore order.
- Sets up and removes barricades, temporary signs, tables and other materials for parking and crowd management.
- Proficiently operate safety and security equipment
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- Inside and outside work; exposed to all weather elements
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must successfully pass a criminal background check
- Must possess a valid Louisiana driver's license or State of Louisiana ID at time of appointment.
- Must be able to work various shifts; Includes nights, 7 days a week.
- 1- Year security or law enforcement experience preferred.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled