SMG Bartender in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Summary: Responsible for Bar Service at the Raising Cane's River Center
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide great customer service
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions.
- Must be knowledgeable of the AccuPOS Point of Sale software, as well as have gone through the proper training.
- Abide by and maintain established accurate cash handling/control procedures at all times.
- Abide by and maintain established accurate inventory control procedures at all times.
- Ensure accurate and timely reporting to the Money Room and its Agents.
- Coordinate with the Concessions Supervisors, Cashiers and/or Runners adequate inventory levels for proper and uninterrupted concessions/bar service.
- Interact with customers and clients in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Prepare all beverage items for sale in the station.
- Follow all rules and regulations which apply to the SAVOR/SMG and the SAVOR Safe Alcohol Management Program.
- Requests identification for every guest purchasing alcohol.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and Procedures Manual, the Business Code of Conduct, and the Cash Handling Procedures.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Must have a commanding and demonstrative understanding and knowledge of all of the above.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have high school diploma or GED
- Must be able to pass a credit, background and reference check
- Must have minimum of 2 years verifiable experience as a bartender
- Must be ServSafe certified and have, or be willing to obtain a City/Parish Responsible Server Bar Card.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of employment.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced environment.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
- Must be able to stand/walk for the duration of shift and must be able to carry and lift according to industry standards
Working Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours. The position requires working in an office, warehouse, and concession stand setting in addition to the physical requirements of continuous walking, stooping lifting up to 30 lbs. and standing for extended periods of times.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled